Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Norton Anthology of English Literature . . .

Is excellent. This can keep you busy for a lifetime. I checked it out from the library along with my Everyman's Library selections. It's got it all . . . definitions, pictures, a vast compilation of essential works, timelines, critical essays, bibliographies, endless "for further exploration" resources. It'll make the nerd in all of us drool!

Can't wait to finally make sense of a vast topic that I've been curious about for a long time.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

It would probably keep me busy for 2 life times ;) I actually used to have a Norton's Anthology of World Masterpieces, and it was a tome (if a very interesting one)

Kristin said...

You are the very first person in the universe to find my blog! I am eternally indebted to you! How'd you find me? Thanks for your comment. Better not tell me about the Anthology of World Masterpieces . . . . I'm such a thorough person, I will feel obligated to read it.

Andrew said...

I think I was looking at my profile and clicked on The Hobbit, and it brought up the several million people who also have The Hobbit listed as a favorite book, and your profile happened to be at the top of the list (I think you had just posted something) and it looked interesting, so I clicked on it. Kind of random I guess : )

Post a Comment